Focusing on Fort Lauderdale and the rest of Broward County, this collection from the Broward County Historical Commission features a variety of home movies, tourism and promotional films, outtakes, and amateur footage dating from the early 1920s.
- Las Olas Casino and Hurricane Damage: Bathing queen competition; hurricane aftermath. (1926) WC05813
- Ocean Fishing: Jerry Novak hooks a sailfish that puts up a real battle. (1929) WC00731
- Merle L. Fogg Airport: Dedication and unveiling of monument. (1929) WC05661
- Jungle Queen Trip: Jungle Queen II boat trip; alligator wrestling; a Captain Jim Vreeland, Jr. production. (1954) WC05616
- Captain Jim’s Production and Photography: Small plane at Fort Lauderdale airport, Mackey Airlines plane, aerials from Fort Lauderdale to Grand Bahamas. (1956) WC05610
- Fishing: Shots of a couple with catch at dockside, Kingfisher V boat, Fort Lauderdale. (1963) WC05613
- East Side Elementary School: Track Events: School located at Broward Boulevard and NE 10th Street. (late 1950s) WC00738
- Holiday by the Sea: Tourist film from the Greater Hollywood Chamber of Commerce. WC00740
- Hollywood Holiday: Street mall and boat in harbor. WC00744
- Broward: The Golden County: Broward County history. WC00739
For more information on these or any other items in our collections, Contact Us.