With newsfilm footage from the 1960s through the early 1980s, the WINK-TV Collection covers the areas near Fort Myers, from Everglades City to Tampa Bay, on the Gulf Coast of Florida.
- Belize Hurricane: Hurricane Hattie, aftermath. (1961) WC08014
- Immokalee: Scenes around town, interviews, Collier County. (1967) WC08013
- Edison Pageant of Light: Parade of Lights in Fort Myers, marching bands, floats, Shriners. (1965; 1966; 1967; 1968) WC16231, WC16086, WC16085, WC16983
- Bonita Springs Murder: Police officers with rifles walking in wooded area. (1976) WC17390
- Passover Ceremony: Rabbi Scott explains ceremony held at his residence. (1978) WC17365
- People on the Beach: “Why do you come to the beach? ” interviews with beachgoers for Newsbeat report. (1981) WC08009
- African Queen: Nautical News feature on the African Queen (1981) WC15552
- Windsurfing: People windsurfing with spectator comments and encouragement. (1981) WC15554
- Bike Path Kickoff: People sport shirts “McGregor jog and bike path”, police lead the group on the street. (1981) WC15651
- Nautical Chapter One: Interview with sea animal trainer about the young killer whales in a close captive environment. (1981) WC16253
- Barefoot Water Skiing: Interview with a barefoot skier about his dedication to skiing. (1981) WC16333
- Mosquito Problems: Interview with Wayne Miller about severe mosquito annoyance in North Fort Myers. (1979) WC17242
For more information on these or any other items in our collections, Contact Us.